Understand your visitor behaviors
Through the use of web analytics, you can benefit from the process of collecting, collating, and analyzing a website’s activity. Web analytics measures what aspects of a website are working succesfully towards a particular business objective.
There are many visitor data that could be collected. Such data are “Page View”, “HIT”, “Visit”, “Unique visitor”, “Repeat Visitor”, “New Visitor”, etc. These metrics can be used to extrapolate some very complex behaviors.
Analytics solutions would utilize the collected data to measure if a predefined action is fulfilled by a visitor. Sush fulfillment by a visitor is called “Conversion”. Conversions can be defined in various way depending on your website’s objective.
Typical conversion would be:
Understanding the website traffic data would be the key to understanding your visitor behavior, and eventually helps an ecommerce owner to improve their online business.
- Planning for Tag Management System TMS Implementation
- How to use heatmap studies to build good hypothesis and increase task completions
- Important planning process and methodology for A/B testing
- What is distracting your customers from your website
- Digital Analytics Roadmap 2013
- Page Load Speed Impact to Bounce Rate and Value
- Using visitor goal, department goal, and analytics in optimization planning
- Screening through mobile metrics
- Generating awareness from YouTube and digital strategy expectations
- Key considerations for a landing page optimization