Acquisition Source: New vs. Returning Visitors
One of the most important aspect of web analytics is to measure traffic sources to the site.
Then traffic sources can be broken down in to two types of visitors; new and returning visitors. Is it important to segment your site traffic by the acquisition sources and majority of the site analytics tools should be able to breakdown the new and returning visitors within the reporting timeframe.
Once you’re able to determine the contribution by the sources, understand how prominent those sources and the site is attracting returning visitors, you should be able to make a smarter decision in allocating your money for traffic acquisition.
Following figure shows the new and returning visitors broken down by the acquisition sources.
- Planning for Tag Management System TMS Implementation
- How to use heatmap studies to build good hypothesis and increase task completions
- Important planning process and methodology for A/B testing
- What is distracting your customers from your website
- Digital Analytics Roadmap 2013
- Page Load Speed Impact to Bounce Rate and Value
- Using visitor goal, department goal, and analytics in optimization planning
- Screening through mobile metrics
- Generating awareness from YouTube and digital strategy expectations
- Key considerations for a landing page optimization