As a web analyst, sometime during the project, you would deliver a web analytics/metrics report with necessary key metrics to your counter parties (clients). Apart from the technical part of the report, it is most important to deliver what clients want or expect. I have heard of a case where client thought the report was auto generated by computer (no analysis), and did not want any further web metrics report service.
It is easy to implement a web analytics solution and then forget about it. Since web analytics does not run on autopilot, and it would be worthless if nothing is done with the acquired information. The optimization phase would allow analyst to create a define set of data point so the website data has a point where captured metrics could be benchmarked.
Reporting the web metrics data to your end users is an important task in web analytics. Not everyone will have the access to the web analytics software and be able create customized dashboard. When considering the counter party�fs role, you should be able to tailor the web metrics data to fit their interest.
Website optimization is the process of reducing complexity to maximize website performance. Website optimization can also include search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click optimization, and conversion rate optimization. Strategies to optimize is very important in running websites.
- Planning for Tag Management System TMS Implementation
- How to use heatmap studies to build good hypothesis and increase task completions
- Important planning process and methodology for A/B testing
- What is distracting your customers from your website
- Digital Analytics Roadmap 2013
- Page Load Speed Impact to Bounce Rate and Value
- Using visitor goal, department goal, and analytics in optimization planning
- Screening through mobile metrics
- Generating awareness from YouTube and digital strategy expectations
- Key considerations for a landing page optimization