From web analytics stand point, we need to know that critical traffic channels that picked up the promotion from social media and contributed to sales or conversions. It is important to understand the viral impact and where it reached that contributed to your bottom-line.
Assessing landing pages based on conversions are great because it allows you to focus on the first page that convinced your site visitor to complete a desired action/outcome.
Just applying simple segmentation to high level data like visits, page views, and average time on site, can give you some very high level, but very insightful data to initiate of some more data diving.
Other than Omniture SiteCatalyst, WebTrends, Coremetrics, HBX, and Google Analytics, there are other possible web analytics tools to consider for your web analytics needs.
- Planning for Tag Management System TMS Implementation
- How to use heatmap studies to build good hypothesis and increase task completions
- Important planning process and methodology for A/B testing
- What is distracting your customers from your website
- Digital Analytics Roadmap 2013
- Page Load Speed Impact to Bounce Rate and Value
- Using visitor goal, department goal, and analytics in optimization planning
- Screening through mobile metrics
- Generating awareness from YouTube and digital strategy expectations
- Key considerations for a landing page optimization